In this case, the case of Temple winning a game on the field that was given to the University of Connecticut by an old man with failing eyesight in the replay booth, the headlines told the story.
Headlines to real stories written about UConn's 22-17 win over Temple on Saturday.
Or should we say headlines written about TEMPLE's 23-22 (or 24-22 or 25-22) win over UConn on Saturday.
Because that's just what it was.
- Here is a list of the headlines and the stories that were filed under those headlines, mostly by UConn-area media:
- From AOL: Replay officials rob Temple of victory
- From Delaware Online: Temple loses as apparent TD is taken away
- My personal favorite, from The Bristol (Conn.) Courier: Blown Call Favors Huskies in Win Over Temple
- Tigerdroppings.com: Temple Just Got Robbed
- Danbury (Conn.) News-Times: UConn Escapes With Win